Please be advised that you can select the place to check-in either CAMPTON Head Office or your reserved accommodation.
Check-in time: 15:00 – 19:00
Article 1 Scope of Application
- The Accommodation Contract and related contracts to be concluded between our Accommodation (hereinafter referred to as “Machiya”) and the Guest shall be based on this Contract (hereinafter referred to as “Contract”) under the following terms and conditions of Contract. Any matter not set forth in this Contract shall be governed by ordinance and generally established practice.
- When Machiya has agreed to conclude a Special Contract without conflicting with ordinance and established practice, the said Special Contract shall prevail.
- Machiya does not provide any services other than accommodation.
Article 2 Application for an Accommodation Contract
- The Guest, who intends to apply to Machiya, will be required to provide Machiya with the following particulars:
- Name(s) of Guest(s) to be registered, phone number, age, gender, nationality, and address
- Accommodation Date and estimated arrival time.
- Accommodation charge (subject to the basic accommodation charges described in the attached Schedule I in principal).
- Other information considered to be necessary by Machiya.
- In the case that the Guest has requested, during the Guest stay, an extension of the Guest stay beyond the date described in the preceding foregoing Paragraph (2), Machiya shall handle the Guest request as a new application for Contract which has been made at the point in time when the foregoing request has been made.
Article 3 Conclusion, etc. of the Accommodation Contract
- The Accommodation Contract shall be considered to have been concluded at the time when Machiya has accepted the application described in the preceding Article, unless Machiya has certified that has not accepted the said application.
- When the Accommodation Contract has been concluded under the provision of the preceding Paragraph, the Application Money payable for the period scheduled for overnight stay as prescribed by Machiya shall be paid by the date set by us. (Generally payment should be made by credit card at the time of reservation. Exceptions include a bank transfer by the date set by us. In that case, all bank charges must be paid by the guest.)
- The Application Money shall first be applied to the final payment of the Accommodation Charge payable, and when the circumstances requiring application of the provisions of Article 5 and Article 17 have arisen, to penalty and then to compensation money in this order. If there is any balance left it will be repaid at the time when the Accommodation Charge is paid as provided in Article 11.
- In the case that the Application Money described in Paragraph 2 of this Article has not been paid by the date set by us as stipulated in the same Paragraph, the Accommodation Contract shall become invalid, but limited only to the case where Machiya has notified the Guest to that effect at the time when prescribing the day due for payment of the Application Money. (Generally payment should be made by credit card at the time of reservation. Exceptions include a bank transfer by the date set by us. In that case, all bank charges must be paid by the guest.)
Article 4 Refusal of the Conclusion of the Accommodation Contract
- The following are cases where Machiya will not accept the conclusion of the Accommodation Contract
- When the application is not based on this Contract.
- When there is no room available due to full occupancy.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered likely to behave in violation of the provisions of the ordinance, public order or good public morals.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered to be corresponding to the following (a) to (c).
(a) The law in respect to prevention, etc. against illegal actions by gang members (1991 Law item 77) set forth in article 2.2 (hereinafter referred to as “gang group”.), gang member stipulated by the same law article 2 item 6 (hereinafter referred to as “gang member.”), gang group semi-regular members or gang member related persons and other antisocial forces.
(b) When gang group or gang members are associates of corporations or other bodies to control business activities.
(c) When a corporate body has related persons to gang members.
- When the guest seeking accommodation behaves extremely in a mischievous way against other hotel guests.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is clearly considered to be a patient with an infectious disease.
- When the guest seeking accommodation, a violent requesting act is carried out, or demanded a burden beyond the reasonable purview.
- When act of God, trouble with facilities, and other unavoidable causes prevent the Guest from staying at Machiya.
- When a person requesting accommodation is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or neighborhood residents, or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guest or neighborhood residents
- When a person requesting accommodation is obviously abnormal or does an uncommon act.
- When a person requesting accommodation is obviously unable to meet or discharge financial obligations
- In case where the Guest violates the Article2-1.
- Other particulars deemed necessary and right to refuse to accommodate by Machiya.
Article 5 The Guest’s Right to Cancel the Contract
- The Guest may request to cancel Machiya under the Accommodation Contract.
- In the case that the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes attributable to him/her (which is the case when our Ryokan has requested payment of the Application Money by prescribing the date due for such payment under the provision of Article 3, Paragraph 2, except in the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract prior to such payment), payment of penalty shall be required. Cancellation policy of travel reservation website shall be applied preferentially in the case that the Guest has made the Accommodation Contract thorough travel reservation website.
- In the case that the Guest does not arrive by 7p.m. on the day of an overnight stay without informing Machiya of a delay (or after the lapse of ONE hour past the scheduled time of arrival if indicated by the Guest beforehand), the Accommodation Contract concerned may be considered to have been cancelled by the Guest and will be handled accordingly.
Article 6 The Right of Machiya to Cancel the Contract
- The following are cases where Machiya may cancel the Accommodation Contract
- When the Guest is considered likely to behave in violation of the provisions of the ordinance, public order or good public morals, or he/she is considered to have behaved in such a manner.
- When the Guest is clearly considered to be corresponding to the following (a) to (c).
(a) Gang group, gang group semi-regular members or gang member related persons and other antisocial forces.
(b) When a corporate body or other organization where gang groups or gang members control business activities.
(c) In a corporate body which has persons relevant to gang member in its board member.
- When the Guest in accommodation behaves extremely in a mischievous way against other guest(s).
- When the Guest is clearly considered to be a patient with an infectious disease.
- When having accommodation, a violent action is carried out, or demanded a burden beyond reasonable purview.
- When unavoidable causes, such as act of God, etc., prevent the Guest from staying at Machiya.
- When a person requesting accommodation is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests.
- When the Guest is singing or making noise or dancing loudly, playing loud music or otherwise disturbing other guests.
- When the Guest is recognized to be unable to pay.
- When the Guest is obviously abnormal.
- When the Guest does mischief to firefighting facilities.
- When the provision of Article of the Ordinance (No. 5) issued by Prefecture is applicable.
- The person requesting accommodation has used violence to make a demand on the hotel or its employee(s), or has otherwise made a demand beyond the scope of reasonably acceptable burden on the hotel or its employee(s).
- When the guest does not observe the rules prohibiting certain actions specified under the House Regulations stipulated by Machiya.
- In cases where Machiya has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the provision of the preceding Paragraph, charges for accommodation service, etc. which have not yet been offered to the Guest shall not be receivable.
Article 7 Registration of Accommodation
The Guest will be required to register the following particulars at the front desk of Machiya:
- Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest.
- Nationality, passport number, place entered and date entered, in the case of a foreign guest.
- Scheduled date and time of departure.
- Other particulars considered necessary by Machiya.
Article 8 Time Allowed for Use of the Guest room
- The time allowed for the Guest to use the guest room of Machiya shall be from 3p.m. till 11a.m. of the following morning, except when the Guest stays for more than one night in succession, in which case the Guest may use the guest room all day except the day of arrival and the day of departure.
- Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding Paragraph, there are cases where Machiya may accept the use of the guest room in hours other than those specified in the preceding Paragraph, in which case an additional charge will be required as specified below.
- Up to 3 hours in excess of the prescribed hours ……………. 1/3 of the room charge
- Up to 6 hours in excess of the prescribed hours …………….. 1/2 of the room charge
- 6 hours or more in excess of the prescribed hours …………. Full amount equal to the room charge
Article 9 Compliance of the Rules of Use of Machiya
- 1.While staying in Machiya, the Guest will be required to comply with the Rules of Use posted inside Machiya as prescribed by us.
Article 10 Business Hours
The business hours of principal facilities in Machiya shall be as follows. Details of the service hours of other facilities are explained in the pamphlet provided, displays at major points inside Machiya, and the service directory provided in each guest room.
- Service Hours of Front Desk, etc.:
(a) Curfew ………………..N/A
(b) Front Desk ……………….. 10a.m to 7p.m
(Front Desk is in the head office of CAMPTON Inc.: 512 Washio-cho Higashiyama-ku Kyoto-shi)
- Service Hours of Front Desk, etc.:
(c) Check in Time ………………3p.m to 7p.m
- Service Hours of Ancillary Facilities: The service hours described in the preceding Paragraph may be changed temporarily for unavoidable reasons, in which case the Guest will be notified by proper means.
Article 11 Payment of Charges
- The breakdown of the accommodation charge, etc. payable by the Guest shall be as listed in the attached Schedule I.
- Payment of the accommodation charges, etc. described in the preceding Paragraph shall be made in advance by credit card acceptable by Machiya (exceptions include a bank transfer)
- In the case that the Guest has not stayed at Machiya at his/her discretion even after we have offered the guest room to the Guest and made it available for him/her to use, the accommodation charge will still be charged.
Article 12 Responsibility of Machiya
- In the case that we have inflicted damage on the Guest in the course of fulfilling the Accommodation Contract and related Contracts or in breach of these Contracts, we shall compensate for the said damage, unless the said damage has been caused due to a cause not attributable to us.
- Our Ryokan is covered by Machiya liability insurance to cope with emergencies in the case of fire, etc.
Article 13 Handling In Case the Guest Room Contracted Is Not Available
- Machiya shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- Should the guest room contracted for the Guest under the Accommodation Contract become unavailable for him/her, Machiya shall pay the guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges (Appended Table2) and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when Machiya cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which Machiya is not liable, Machiya will not compensate the Guest.
Article 14 Handling of Deposited Articles.
Machiya does not handle or keep deposited articles. Machiya shall not be liable for Machiya for the loss or destruction of the possessions of Guests, including cash and other valuables.
Article 15 Custody of the Baggage or Personal Belongings of the Guest
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into Machiya before his/her arrival, Machiya shall be liable to store it only in the case when such a request has been accepted from Machiya. However, Machiya shall not be liable for Machiya for the loss or destruction of the possessions of Guests, including cash and other valuables.
- In the case that the baggage or personal belongings of the Guest are found misplaced after he/she has checked out, Machiya shall ask the owner of such items for his/her instructions when the owner has been identified. However, when there are no instructions from the owner or the owner has not been identified, Machiya shall keep them for 7 days including the day when they have been found, and shall deliver them to a police station near Machiya after a lapse of 7 days. Because of consideration for hygiene, Machiya shall dispose on the same day at the time of cleaning by a judgment of Machiya.
- The responsibility of Machiya regarding the custody of the Guest’s baggage or personal belongings shall conform to the provision of the preceding Article, Paragraph 1 of this Article and to the provision of the preceding Article, Paragraph 2, in the case of the preceding Paragraph.
Article 16 Responsibility for Parking
Machiya does not have parking space for the Guest. Please use a coin parking nearby.
Article 17 Responsibility of the Guest
In the case that Machiya has suffered damage due to the intention or fault of the Guest, the Guest will be required to compensate to Machiya for the said damage.
Article 18 Disclaimers of this Ryokan
- Machiya shall not be liable for noise or shake from the neighborhood.
- Due to Characteristic of an old building, Machiya has a low ceiling and a steep staircase. Machiya shall not be liable for any injury of the Guest. The guest stays in Machiya after approval.
- Machiya does not offer meals. In the case of Machiya does agency of the meal offer under the Guest’s request or the optional service at the time of reservation, Machiya shall not be liable. The meal offer is the contract between the agency and the Guest.
- Regarding Accommodation Contract, Machiya obeys the effective law in Japan. In accordance with the type of dispute, either the summary court or the regional court having jurisdiction over the location of the hotel will have primary jurisdiction with respect to disputes regarding accommodation reservations and these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions were created originally in Japanese and later translated into English. The English translation is provided for reference purposes only. The original Japanese terms and conditions supersede the English translation.
- This contract maybe changed or updated without prior notice if deemed necessary for the purposes of business, economic and social conditions or if there are no existing countermeasure for the matters that need to be countered.
Attached Table No. 1
Calculation Method for Accommodation Charges
(Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2, Paragraph 1 of Article 1 )
|Total amount to be paid by the Guest||Accommodation Charges||Basic Accommodation Charge 120,000 JPY|
|Extra Charges||optional Expenses of meals at the time of reservation or the Guest request (deposit) or the other expenses|
|Taxes||Consumption Tax required separately|
Remarks: The basic accommodation charges depend on list of charges to post on the front desk.
Table 2 Cancelation charge (concerning Article 5-2, Article 13-2)
|No Show||Accommodation Day||1 Day or 2 Days Prior to Accommodation Day||3 Days or 7 Days Prior to Accommodation Day||8 Days or 14 Days Prior to Accommodation Day||15 Days or 30Days Prior to Accommodation Day|
- The percentage is the percentage of the Cancelation charge against the Basic Accommodation Charge.
- In the case that the number of days for accommodation has been reduced, Cancellation charge for the same amount of the day of reduce shall be charged.
- Cancellation policy of travel reservation website shall be applied preferentially in the case that the Guest has made the Accommodation Contract thorough travel reservation website.
To ensure comfort and safety of Machiya, we ask our Guest(s) to abide the following house rules in accordance with Article 9.
- Use of fire arms such as a portable stove that causes fire in the Machiya’s premises is forbidden.
- Smoking is prohibited on all areas of Machiya to protect the buildings.
- Machiya is located in general residential area thus refrain from making loud noises or any other disgusting behavior that would cause annoyance for the neighbors in surrounding.
- To carry the following into Machiya premises
- Animals, birds, insects and all kinds of pets
- Items that emit foul odour
- Items that great quantity
- Volatile or ignitable items such as explosives and gasoline
- Firearms and weapons that are not legally approved
- Marijuana, amphetamines
- Refrain from gambling and behaving in any demoralizing manner in the Ryokan.
- Do not bring visitors into the room.
- Refrain from business act, party, banquet except for accommodation.
- Do not fix other items to the buildings and move facilities.
- Refrain from using pictures taken inside Machiya for business purposes without permission of Machiya.
- Use the bath by those who intoxicated is strictly forbidden.
- Do not move, change or take out facilities and furniture in the premises.
- Do not use any bathing powder as bath items are made by high-quality wood (Japanese Umbrella-pine)
- Do not use hair dyes or a bleach in the bath room of Machiya.
- Other things that Machiya judges that it is not suitable.
- In case of damage to a hanging scroll, a picture or a vessel, the guest is responsible to pay for the cost of refitting
- In case of loss of IC cardkey, there are cases where Machiya ask the Guest to pay the full amount to replace.